Monday, July 27, 2009

Being Prepared



This week's post is written by So. Forward Michelle Hedgecock:


Hello there readers! So, I've never blogged before so I’m kind of excited/nervous on how this blog will turn out.

Being a returner is great because I know what to expect and I know how to prepare myself for the upcoming season. Last summer as an incoming freshman, I had no idea how much to work out or even what it meant to be in the MIAA. This summer I have been preparing with the knowledge of what it means to play at such a high level.


With only four players returning from our 19-10 team of last year, we are basically starting with a whole new team. Having the freshmen here over the summer helps the team because we are not only showing them what to expect but also we all are bonding more as a team. Also, when our other teammates come, the freshmen will be able to help us show them the work outs and how things work around here.


College is like a totally different world compared to high school. It seems like it was forever ago since I played in high school. My home town is North Little Rock, Arkansas, and yes it’s a different city from Little Rock. I’ve had so many people ask me if it’s the northern part of Little Rock, haha. As a point of reference, the Arkansas River separates Little Rock from North Little Rock. Anyway, I went to North Little Rock High School where I played volleyball and basketball. When high school was over I had to make a decision whether I wanted to play volleyball or basketball in college...of course I chose basketball :) When it came down to it, I chose Missouri Southern because of how friendly everyone is and how it’s not too far from home.


Thanks for reading my blog and I can’t wait to play in the upcoming season!


Michelle Hedgecock
So. Forward