Monday, November 29, 2010

So much to be thankful for!!


Today's post is written by sophomore guard Kelby Fritz:

Finally, my first (and hopefully not my last) blog of the year... so here we go!!

So many things come to mind when i first think of Thanksgiving! I think of Thanksgiving BREAK from a student perspective!! :) Of course i think of FOOD...LOTS OF FOOD....AMAZING FOOD. I think of spending time with family. I think of the time i have to rejoice & reflect on EVERYTHING God has gracefully placed in my Life! I have learned growing up that tomorrow is never promised, as well as to never take things for granted. Thanksgiving day is a reminder to everyone about how thankful we should be for life itself.

As far as Thanksgiving goes for our basketball program it goes a little like this: An AMAZING Thanksgiving Feast on Thanksgiving Day, along with 2 GREAT wins for the Lady Lions on Friday & Saturday! I found myself on Thanksgiving surrounded by not only my family (mom, dad, brother, grandparents, & cousins), but also my basketball family (my teammates & coaches) & some of their families as well!! Since I only live 50 miles from Joplin in Vinita, Oklahoma, we decided to invite everyone over to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner since some of the girls live far away! It was a great opportunity to have everyone there together relaxing & having a great time as well as preparing for what was in store for us as a team the next couple days.

Getting down to business we kicked off the weekend with a 71-46 win over Avila on Friday & another win, 67-61 over Evangel University. We talked a lot about how we had a business trip to accomplish during our tournament. This business trip mentality lead us to 2 wins!

With our non-conference schedule now over, we are looking forward to kicking off conference play!! We open up this Wednesday in Kirksville, MO against Truman State Univ. We are all very excited to get started & head into conference play! Our first home conference game is Dec. 4th against Central Missouri & I hope to see you there!

As for us....It's time to get down to business =)

Until next time...It's a GREAT day to be a LION!!

Kelby Fritz Sophomore Guard