Sunday, August 9, 2009



This week's post is written by Sr. Shooting Guard Jolea Apon:

Hi, I'm Jolea Apon, Sr. shooting guard from Springdale, AR. This is my second year as a Lady Lion as I was a JUCO transfer from Carl Albert State College last year.

I know many of our staff and players have covered this, but I wanted to say a little something about camps. Camps were very successful and I enjoyed every minute of it. The kids were GREAT and I loved spending time with them!!!

This year will be quite different for me because, for the first time in my career, I'm a returner! For the first time I have to be a leader and not a follower. I know what it's like to come into a program and not know what's going on, so I know exactly how the incoming freshmen and JUCO transfers will feel. I should really be able to help the new players with their transition into the program and the MIAA.

I have a lot of passion for the game (during games you can constantly see me waving my arms and yelling "get up!!") and I am really excited for the upcoming season. This is going to be a totally different year with only 4 returners. I am really glad that the "freshman crew" were willing and able to stay and workout for the summer. We all bonded really well and it will show when pre-season starts.

Thank you for reading. Hope to have your support this year and hope to see you at the games!! =)

Until next time...It's a GREAT day to be a LION!!

Jolea Apon
Sr. Shooting Guard